Wednesday, September 23, 2009

a bit of this & a bit of that

Over the last 3 wednesday nights I've been doing a dress making course, I thought it would be nice to be able to make some cloths and for them to look 'not-so-home-made'. I've picked up a few great tips and I've gained a little confidence in my sewing machine skills. First garment was a skirt, we had to pick from a suggested list of basic patterns, I made a denim skirt and I put the zip in myself (just a little excited about knowing how to do that nicely). I may never wear the skirt as it's quite quite high in the waist, I did however learn some useful techniques.

The second garment was of my choosing and it's a top (not yet finished), the pattern is for a dress, so I just cut it off at the required length. I'm using some beautiful Nani Iro double gauze for this one, I really hope it turns out ok.

Saw this liberty and had to add it, it's so pretty. This will be the last I add to the hexagons..... As previously mentioned the going is slow with the hexagons but it is going and I'm enjoying watching it grow bit by bit.
I was asked to make a little something for a friend to give to a friend, so here's the result - the request was for it to be an owl, it's a little owl like wouldn't you say.... maybe, sort of ?
all wrapped and ready for delivery...

No comments:

Post a Comment