Wednesday, April 15, 2009

space flight is finished

Lastnight I finished the 'space flight' quilt for flip, he was sleeping when I put it on his bed and in the morning when he woke up he was so excited. He said to me "I don't want you to make anymore blankets because I want this one on my bed all the time". My little man is so sweet. I'm quite pleased with this one, I love the colors and the cotton/linen border.

You can't get the true picture from the photos, nevermind...

It had to have the sun, a rocket and the planets including pluto - I was under strict instructions.

4 comments:

  1. That is just the most beautiful quilt Lisa. I can't wait to see it in person. Look at you go! Soooooo lovely. Flip is one lucky boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true Lisa,having seen Flip's quilt the other day,
    the photo doesn't do it justice.
    It's a lovely piece of work!
    I also like the top you made, you sure are a speedy seamstress!
    ma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how exciting for your little man :)

    I love the way you give him his amazing space flight quilt, it's beautiful!!

    Please let me send you one of my Mr Electron kits so you can make one with Flip?! If you could email me via my contact page at www.sewyourown.com.au I would love to send you one straight away :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you also for your lovely comment, you have a great blog and a natural talent behind the sewing machine not to mention a love affair with fabrics that I can relate with :)

    ReplyDelete